The primary mission of CHW's Intellectual Property function is to identify, protect, manage and commercialize CHW's ingenuity, creativity and expertise. The secondary mission is to educate those within CHW about intellectual property and technology transfer.
CHW IP is the first place to be contacted with an invention, design, process or method that could be commercially viable. You may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the online form found here. What we do is:
- Work with employees, physicians and other innovators and educate the CHW community about intellectual property-related matters;
- Assess the uniqueness, viability and marketability of innovations disclosed;
- Protect inventions, creative works, and technologies through patents, copyrights and/or trademarks, when and if appropriate;
- Commercialize inventions and technologies for which a market or sponsor has been identified through licensing, sponsored research or other means;
- Create and negotiate arrangements and agreements which include, for example, confidentiality, material transfer, sponsored research and license agreements;
- Collect and distribute royalty income received from external sources from endeavors such as publishing, licensing and other commercialization activities; and
- Manage, administer and annually award a number of SEED grants (Support for Entrepreneurial Employee Development) for early stage development of commercially viable processes, devices, materials or methods.